Comment on page
Canny Edge Detectionnode in AugeLab Studio applies the Canny edge detection algorithm to an input image, highlighting the edges present in the image.
Canny Edge Detectionnode uses the Canny algorithm to detect edges in an input image. It applies a series of steps including noise reduction, gradient calculation, non-maximum suppression, and hysteresis thresholding to identify and highlight the edges in the image.
- Node Title: Edge Filter
- Node ID: OP_NODE_CANNY
Canny Edge Detectionnode has the following input socket:
- Image: The input image to be processed. Connect an image to this socket.
Canny Edge Detectionnode has the following output socket:
- Image: The resulting image with highlighted edges.
Canny Edge Detectionnode has a configuration option:
- Filter Coefficient: Adjust the edge detection threshold by changing the filter coefficient. Higher values result in fewer detected edges, while lower values result in more detected edges.
- 1.Drag and drop the
Canny Edge Detectionnode from the node library onto the canvas in AugeLab Studio.
- 2.Connect the input image to the Image input socket of the
Canny Edge Detectionnode.
- 3.Adjust the Filter Coefficient to set the edge detection threshold. Higher values will detect fewer edges, while lower values will detect more edges.
- 4.Run the pipeline.
Canny Edge Detectionnode will apply the Canny algorithm to the input image and produce the image with highlighted edges at the Image output socket.
Canny Edge Detectionnode uses the
cv2.Cannyfunction from OpenCV to perform the edge detection.
- The Canny algorithm consists of several steps, including noise reduction, gradient calculation, non-maximum suppression, and hysteresis thresholding.
- The resulting image will have white pixels at the locations of the detected edges and black pixels elsewhere.
- Adjusting the Filter Coefficient allows you to control the sensitivity of the edge detection. Higher values will result in fewer detected edges, while lower values will result in more detected edges.
- Connect the output of the
Canny Edge Detectionnode to other nodes in the pipeline for further processing or analysis.
That concludes the documentation for the
Canny Edge Detectionnode in AugeLab Studio. This node allows you to apply the Canny algorithm for edge detection, highlighting the edges present in the input image.